Saturday, November 7, 2009

Standards & PRs

Standards are critical. I did Fran yesterday at 5:35, a PR for me. However, when I looked back at my records, I had a Fran time of 5:40 from pre-summer. I know that it is IMPOSSIBLE that I only shaved 5 seconds off with the same standards. Not getting my butt low enough, not coming to full overhead extension and not getting chin legitimately over the bar could have all been in effect with my first score. So now I am left wondering about all of that. Had I known that my standards were exact in my first wod, I would know exactly how much faster and stronger I was now.

Let me be clear. I have never intentionally shunned standards in a wod, however, when alone it is easy to miss something. This is the difference between doing your wods under the supervision and guidance of a coach versus in the comforts of your own home or globo gym...

There were a ton of PR's on the board this week between FRAN and HELEN. Nice work to all!